BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Hunger Games Chapter 5 Comprehension Questions

1. The presentation of the tributes seems to be greatly focused on visual presentation and looks — what does this reveal about the belief systems of the Capitol?

I think that they care a lot about how they look. Every tribute has a stylist that helps them  to get ready and look nice at the ceremony so they would look good.

2. Compare and contrast life in the Capitol to life in District 12.
  
Life in the Capitol is  a lot easier than the life  in District 12. People there don't have to go threw the trouble of hunting for food. They have their food like with a snap of their fingers. The Capitol, unlike District 12 always has electricity. People at the Capitol also don't have to worry about getting chose to be in the Games.

4. Why is it so hard for Katniss to trust Peeta's kindness?

It's  difficult for Katniss to believe Peeta's kindness because she doesn't know his realfeeling towards her. Katniss believes that he is just being kind so she can be simple to confuse. She thinks that he is just pretending to be kind.
 Quotes: 


1." I want the audience to recognize you in the arena, says Cinna dreamily.Katniss, the girl who was on fire". Pg.67

2."My mother. I left her blue dress and shoes on the floor of my train car, never  thinking about retrieving them, of trying to hold on to a piece of her, of home. Now I wish I had."  Pg. 63

3,"My mother. I left her blue dress and shoes on the floor of my train car, never  thinking about retrieving them, of trying to hold on to a piece of her, of home. Now I wish I had."  pg. 63 

4"SoI keep holding on, but I can't help feeling strange about the way Cinna has linked us together. It's not really fair to present us as a team and then lock us into the arena to kill eachother."  Pg. 71

0 comments: