BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Hunger Games Chapter 23 Comprehension Questions

1. Why does Thresh's death affect Katniss? 
   Thresh's death affected Katniss because he let Katniss go. He let her go as a thank you for what she did for Rue. Thresh let her live. She was really sad because she didn't want him to die. She felt like she could really be friends with him.
 
2. Who is left in the arena? 
 
    Katniss, Peeta, Cato, and Foxface are left in the arena.
3. What Katniss' fears if she wins the Games? 
   Katniss fears that she might not know who she is when she doesn't hunt anymore. She is afraid of losing her identity. She has been hunting her whole life and to just stop andn ot worry about food scares her. She also doesn't want to end up like Haymitch, alone.
4. What happens to Foxface? 
    Foxface secretely took some berries that Peeta was gathering. Peeta nor Foxface knew that those berries were poisonous. As soon as Foxface ate a berry. . . she died.
Quotes 
"For some reason, I badly want it to be my moon, the same one I see from the woods around District 12. That would give me something to cling to in the surreal world of the arena where the authenticity of everything is to be doubted."  pg. 310 
 "Because if there's one thing being a victor doesn't guarantee, it's your children's safety. My kids' names would go right into the reaping balls with everyone's else's. And I swear I'll never let that happen."  pg. 311 
"The hovercraft appears a hundred yards or so away. What's left of Foxface's emaciated body is lifted onto the air. I can see the red glint of her hair in the sunlight."  pg. 318 
"Thresh dead. I should be happy, right? One less tribute to face. And a powerful one, too. But I'm not happy. All I can think about is Thresh letting me go, letting me run because of Rue, who died with that spear in her stomach. . ."  pg. 307

0 comments: