BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Hunger Games Chapter 17 Comprehension Questions

1. What happens to Katniss in the explosion?
 
    In the explosion Katniss' ear started bleeding and she was afraid that she had gone deaf. She also got really dizzy and couldn't really walk.
 
2. Why does Katniss leave the rendezvous point? 
 
     Katniss leaves the rendezvous point because she doens't find Rue. She starts finding her in other places she thinks she might be.
 
3. What happens to Rue?
 
    A Career trapped her in a net. Rue kept yelling for Katniss. As soon as Katniss got there, a boy from District 1 stabbed her with a spear. Katniss takes care of Rue, but she ends up dieing.
 
 Quotes
1."I'm dizzy. Not the slightly wobbly kind,but the kind that sends the trees swooping around you and causes the earth to move in waves under your feet."  (pg. 222) 
 
 2."There's something about that sly grin that makes me sure that befriending Foxface would ultimately get me a knife in the back. With that in mind, this might be an excellent time to shoot her."  (pg. 227)
 
3."Dangling up in the tree, with the sun warming me, a mouthful of mint, my bow and arrows at hand . . . this is the most relaxed I've been since I've entered the arena."  (pg. 238)
 
4."When I break into the clearing, she's on the ground, hopelessly entangled in a net. She just has time to reach her hand through the mesh and say my name before the spear enters her body."  (pg. 232)

0 comments: