BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Hunger Games Chapter 24 Comprehension Questions

1. How do the Gamemakers try to drive the last tributes together? 
 
The Gamemakers try to drive the last tributes together by drying out the river. The Gamemakers must know that the tributes are looking for water. They are driving them back to the lake. They want to see the tributes in action against each other.
 
2. How does Katniss feel about Cato? 
 
Katniss feels that Cato has a special hatred against her. She feel as if she doesn't have a chance against hi. He is well trained, unlike Katniss that hasn't been trained to kill her whole life. She also kinda feels as if she can realte to him when he loses his temper easily.
 
3. How do the final three meet up? 
 
The final 3 tributes meet up when they see Cato running towards them. He is wearing a handmade armor. They notice that he's been running for a while, and away from something. They finally see that a pack of mutant-like wolves/dogs have been chasing him. This is how they meet up.
 
Quotes 
 
1"He hasn't said it, but I don't think Peeta felt good about killing her, even if it was essential. I can't pretend I'll miss her, but I have to admire her."  pg. 324
 
2“It’s funny. I feel almost as if it’s the first day of the Games again. That I’m in the same position. Twenty-one tributes dead, but I still have yet to kill Cato. And really, wasn’t he always the one to kill?” pg.327
 
3"I can't help looking up in the tree where Rue secretely perched, waiting to save my life. Tracker jackers. Glimmer's bloated body. The terrifying hallucinations. . ."  pg. 328 
 
 4“I brace myself, but he rockets right between us with no attempt to check his speed. I can tell from his panting, the sweat pouring off his purplish face, that he’s been running hard a long time. Not toward us. From something. But what?” pg.330

0 comments: